With more than 70.000 m3 of wood exported all around the world, Vasto Legno is one of the biggest European companies commercializing African species.
Vasto Legno S.p.A has been operating in the International wood market since 1870. More than a century of constant commitment and specialized research in this sector have enabled Vasto Legno to become an International company and global business focused on processing, trading and distributing African wood.
The Company’s vast experience together with dedication to its work have permitted to Vasto Legno to be in a position to offer the global market an extensive variety of African species which today are among the most requested for their physical and aesthetic qualities.
Internationalization is one of the most important characteristics of the company.
The powerfulness of Vasto Legno derives from both its commercial strength and active research all over the world. This has allowed the company to expand and establish its presence not only in Europe but also in the Asian and American markets where it has introduced its products and African woods species for specialized use.
In 2007, due to their strong commitment and great determination to represent qualified productions and materials worldwide, Vasto Legno received the F.S.C. COC certification.
Forest Stewardship Council is an independent, non-profit making international NGO (non-governmental organization). Its members include environmental and social groups, indigenous communities, forest owners, wood processing and marketing companies, scientists and experts, who contribute to improving forest management throughout the world. The F.S.C. trademark identifies wood from properly, responsibly managed forests, in compliance with the principles and criteria established and ratified by the Forest Stewardship Council, with the participation and consent of the interested parties.
VASTO LEGNO has underlined and strengthened its commitment in this area by obtaining:
- The FSC-C103890 certificate, for its activity as an exclusive international broker through its Milan offices
- The FSC-C102369 certificate, for marketing wood produced in the Vasto factory from logs sourced in Africa
Our mission can be summarized as follows:
- To manage forests in compliance with set regulations and to export all over the world the most requested species both untreated and semi-processed;
- To ensure the continuity of species which today, due to the increasing importance of wood products in all its form and uses, are continually being requested;
- To discover and promote new species: distribution and promotion through technical “know how”.